IMAGES OF OUR PAST - WESTERN AUTO STORE - 100 BLOCK SOUTH JEFFERSON ST. DUBLIN, GA.










Comments

Santify said…
I purchased my first fishing spinner reel there, paid $2.00 for a Zepco 202. No rod just the reel.
I live on the Oconee river fishing the summer of 1961. I caught a 25# cat & sold him to an old black man before I could get my hook out the fish's mouth. we took it to slaughter house & weighed it.
Santify said…
I failed to mention that I was 11 at that time & didn't weigh much more than the fish. :~)
Unknown said…
I bought several "first's" there! It was the place to tantalizing young boys with all of the bicycles and toys. I bought my first lawnmower, complete with a drop-down traction system into the top of the front tires to make it SELF-PROPELLED! Paid $100 for it. It took me all spring, summer and into fall to pay it off, cutting grass for $2.00 a yard!! But it was MINE and straight profit when I paid that last payment!
Chevy Blue said…
Only place in town to buy bicycle tubes when I was a kid. Lots of bike accessories too...lights, bells, high rise handlebars...A young boy's dreamland!